Alpine Aire Foods – Spicy Pork Sausage Pasta
On the trail again, feeling hungry as I walk through a high desert meadow. It’s an ideal time and place to try the Alpine Aire Spicy Sausage Pasta I have on me.
Prep is a breeze when all you have to add is water. It almost felt like cheating when this delicious pasta salad came out tasting healthy and better than I could have made myself.
Alpine Aire Foods - Spicy Pork Sausage Pasta
Specification: Alpine Aire Foods – Spicy Pork Sausage Pasta
|Calories per Ounce||
|Calories per Package||
|Carbs per Package||
|Fat per Package||
|Protein per Package||
|Sodium per Package||
|Sugar per Package||
|Pack Weight (oz)||
Preparing the Spicy Sausage Pasta is quite simple and straightforward. Simply add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to the dry ingredients, stir, and wait 15 minutes.
-We recommend mixing the dry ingredients evenly beforehand. Powdered ingredients tend to gravitate to the bottom of the package and become difficult to mix well once wet.
- Roughly 20 minutes to fully prepare.
- Most of the preparation time is simply waiting for the ingredients to steep in the boiled water, which is added directly to the original package.
- No recommendation to mix dry ingredients thoroughly before filling the package with boiling water.
- Extremely thorough mixing needed before and after adding hot water.
This may be my favorite camping meal yet. The veggies, meat, and noodles rehydrated so well that it doesn’t occur that this was a dehydrated meal at all. The texture was perfect, and the veggies felt and tasted as if they had just been mixed in fresh. That being said, a pinch of garlic salt would have made this perfect.
- Very authentic, as if you made it yourself or bought it at a whole foods store.
- Perfect rehydration.
- Healthy taste full of high quality ingredients.
- Could have had larger chunks of sausage.
At Outdoor Food Lab, we list our weight ratings as such:
- 150+ calories/ounce: / Ultralight Hiking Food
- 131-149 calories/ounce:
- 111-130 calories/ounce:
- 90-110 calories/ounce:
- Less than 90 calories/ounce: