Alpine Aire Foods – Chicken Gumbo
A hot August day turned into a chilly night high up in the Eastern Cascade mountain range. Settling down for the night and talking about food only made us that much more hungry. The thought of a savory and spicy meal made our mouths water.
Alpineaire Chicken Gumbo did not disappoint us! The high-quality ingredients were evident and rehydrated to perfection. Some us had to admit that we couldn’t make a gumbo of this caliber with full use of a standard kitchen.
Specification: Alpine Aire Foods – Chicken Gumbo
|Calories per Ounce||
|Calories per Package||
|Carbs per Package||
|Fat per Package||
|Protein per Package||
|Sodium per Package||
|Sugar per Package||
|Pack Weight (oz)||
After our standard pre-mix of the dry ingredients and removal of the oxygen absorber, simply add the recommended 2 ½ cups of boiling water, stir, and wait the full 12 minutes before eating.
- Comes with a measurement guide on the side of the package to help with pouring the accurate mount of boiling water into the dry ingredients.
- No reminder to pre-mix the dry ingredients.
This restaurant quality of this Chicken Gumbo by Alpineaire was full of flavor, spice, and everything nice! The vegetables and diced chicken rehydrated perfectly. The black pepper, bell peppers, onions and garlic were balanced. Even the okra tasted fresh! We will be eating this meal time and time again.
- High quality meat and vegetables.
- Cannot tell it was dehydrated at any point.
- May be a bit spicy for some.
At Outdoor Food Lab, we list our weight ratings as such:
- 150+ calories/ounce: / Ultralight Hiking Food
- 131-149 calories/ounce:
- 111-130 calories/ounce:
- 90-110 calories/ounce:
- Less than 90 calories/ounce: